A Couple Of Questions

Decorating By Kaddi Updated 29 May 2011 , 10:36pm by icingimages

Kaddi Posted 28 May 2011 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 3

I just ordered a canon cake printing system (printer, inks, icing sheets, software, etc.), and I was wondering what the difference between rice paper and icing sheets are (besides the obvious lol I have used icing sheets before (Duff's cake tattoos). Does rice paper dissolve into fondant like icing sheets do?

Another question: Is there a good place to go for edible image patterns for cake borders and toppers (ex: Justin Beiber cake topper, baby clothes line, zebra stripe, etc.)?

I've looked at the different kinds of icing sheets, and I have not seen pre cut border strips (regular or tall). Do you have to print out the image and then cut the individual strips?

Do you have to have a white background for images? I'm asking because I normally airbrush my cakes, and I need to know if I'll be able to place edible images on an airbrushed cake without it changing the colors on the image. For instance, I want to make a huggies diaper package cake. I'm planning on airbrushing it red and then putting the white logos on top of it. Will the red change the color of the icing image?

Last question (probably not. I'm sure I'll have more once I actually receive the system): What is the suggested packaging for shipping images?

Thanks for any input!!

2 replies
Elaine2581 Posted 29 May 2011 , 1:21am
post #2 of 3

Sorry, I've not used any of these products. It might help you get more response if you mentioned what your questions were about in the Subject line. Just a suggestion. Sorry I couldn't help you with these questions.

icingimages Posted 29 May 2011 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 3

this is a duplicate post

Quote by @%username% on %date%