Spaghetti Cake

Decorating By Sarah2418 Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 11:24pm by weirkd

Sarah2418 Posted 28 May 2011 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 9

I'm about to make a spaghetti cake. I've saw so many great looking one's on here, does anyone have a tips or suggestions for me. It's my first time making one of these cakes.

8 replies
cookiemom51 Posted 28 May 2011 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 9

The one I have seen was on a cake mix site. They used white buttercream tinted just a tiny bit with cocoa for the spaghetti, and piped it on with a writing tip in appetizing squiggles over a thin layer of matching buttercream. Then they took a Ferraro Roche (sp?) chocolate candy, dipped it in some slightly thinned all-fruit strawberry preserves, and placed it on the cake for "meatballs" and drizzled with more preserves for "sauce". Finish by grating some white chocolate over for "parmesan". It was very cute. Good luck.

ddaigle Posted 28 May 2011 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 9

This was a cake I did in my early decorating days so I would do my spaghetti color differently. For the cake I used the pan that (used) to come in the Wilton course 1. It was the oval pan. I only crumb coated the cake. I tinted my butter cream too dark for the noodles. I used the grass tip to make the spaghetti, which I liked. I also used the Roche chocolates for my meatballs and poured my raspberry filling over it for the spaghetti sauce. I also grated white chocolate for the parmesean. It was for my nephew so putting it on a plate with the place mat with silverware was the final touch. He thought he was sitting down to his personal plate of spaghetti.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1333044

Serena4016 Posted 28 May 2011 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 9

I actually saw this in a magazine very recently. They used a round tip to pipe the speghetti..you can figure out what size tip and what "color" you want your speghetti. They used chocolate cake balls (with no candy coating on the outside of course) for the meatballs, strawberry perserves for sauce and white chocolate for cheese.

cownsj Posted 28 May 2011 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 9

I think I used the slightest hint of yellow when I did one. I also got the Ferraro candies, but I got a different one, the make one that is all chocolate without the nuts so there is no allergy problems. (though the regular ones look better). If I recall correctly, I think I added the tiniest bit of yellow to the bc to get the color, but it could have been cocoa or brown. The strawberry preserves I got were seedless, and I nuked it for about 10 seconds or so, just enough to thin it slightly, but not warm enough to melt the bc it was put on.

When I began my piping, I got several inches of it done and didn't think it looked anything like spaghetti, so I asked my neighbor what she thought. She thought it looked just like it and so I kept going because I just wasn't seeing it. I say this in case you feel the same and worry about it. Just keep the piping bag moving in easy motions, no sharp turns or anything. Once you realize you've gotten the hang of it, it's fun to do. I did them on cupcakes too for a birthday party where the kids were doing their own cupcakes. They had a ball and got the hang of it right away.

Just have fun with it.

http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll426/ShelbyLynnCakes/?action=view¤t=306.jpg

sweetts99 Posted 29 May 2011 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 9

This is one I did about 4 years ago. I tinted with buttercup yellow for the pasta, and the meatballs were made from a cream cheese chocolate mixtures. The sauce is from preserves.. Just have fun with it and make it your own!
http://cakecentreal.com/gallery/1826213

weirkd Posted 29 May 2011 , 6:06pm
post #7 of 9

A made one a couple of months ago. I used chocolate fondant for the meatballs and put a few green specs in it to make it look like basil. Then I took a blow torch to one side to make them look cooked.
I made a bowl using gumpaste and put it in a regular bowl to dry out. Then I hand painted the outside of it. I actually used modeling chocolate for my spagetti. I put it threw my pasta machine and used the actual pasta cutters for it to cut it. Then I made a raspberry buttercream and poured it over the top of it. Then took some frozen chocolate and used my grater to make the cheese for the top. Everyone loved it!

cownsj Posted 30 May 2011 , 1:54am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

A made one a couple of months ago. I used chocolate fondant for the meatballs and put a few green specs in it to make it look like basil. Then I took a blow torch to one side to make them look cooked.
I made a bowl using gumpaste and put it in a regular bowl to dry out. Then I hand painted the outside of it. I actually used modeling chocolate for my spagetti. I put it threw my pasta machine and used the actual pasta cutters for it to cut it. Then I made a raspberry buttercream and poured it over the top of it. Then took some frozen chocolate and used my grater to make the cheese for the top. Everyone loved it!

WOW, you REALLY went all out. Love it.

weirkd Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 11:24pm
post #9 of 9

lol Yeah, for some reason I cant do anything simple anymore. My husband is always getting on me for doing more than what they paid for, etc. But I just cant help it! I like to challenge myself and want to the wow factor so I end up pouring my heart into it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%