Wrist Surgery- How Long To Recover?

Lounge By abqgreene Updated 30 Jun 2011 , 2:35pm by damchick

abqgreene Posted 28 May 2011 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 5

I am having a cyst taken out of my wrist. Has anyone else had wrist surgery? How long before you could work on cakes again? It's my dominant hand and I am so sad at not being able to do cakes for a while.

4 replies
warchild Posted 30 May 2011 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqgreene

I am having a cyst taken out of my wrist. Has anyone else had wrist surgery? How long before you could work on cakes again? It's my dominant hand and I am so sad at not being able to do cakes for a while.

I've had carpel tunnel surgery (my dominant hand) and it was a good six weeks before I could return to my work. (cashier) I was also limited to 4 hrs a day of work, only light duties, by my doc for the first 4 weeks I was back. I couldn't pipe on cakes for a couple of months as it was too painful. I still have to be careful I don't over do it with most everything, as well as piping on cakes.

That aside, my surgery was over 20 yrs ago and the surgery could well be a lot less involved now. Not positive about cyst surgery removal & recovery time but your surgery could be less invasive.

A couple of links to read over if you haven't already found them.

Best of luck thumbs_up.gif

http://www.aestheticdaysurgery.com.au/ganglioncyst.html

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/g/ganglia

abqgreene Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 5

I never got notification of this and just happened to see it. Thank you for your rely. The surgery is over and went well four weeks ago. Probably going to try some decorating tis weekend for an Elmo cake. Not to detailed, so hopefully it goes well.

warchild Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 5

Good to hear your surgery went well. I'd been wondering how you fared. A cake already, wow, good for you. That's a sure sign your life is getting back to normal! thumbs_up.gif

damchick Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 5

Hey Ive had both a cyst removed from my left wrist, and carpal tunnel from my right. It takes about 2 weeks to come out of the brace, but about 6 to get your full strength back. I had my strength back in about a week after using the putty in a forward bend motion, and a twist motion. It was the pour milk motion that was a pain. Lets just say milk went all over the floor when i tried it. It was a pretty minor thing and the pain was minimal for me. I hope it is as fast a recovery for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%