Fondant Ribbon

Decorating By mags4girls Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 11:55am by mags4girls

mags4girls Posted 27 May 2011 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 4

Hi there, just wondering what tool is used to make the zigzag effect on the edges of ribbons?

3 replies
amygortoncakes Posted 27 May 2011 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 4

Most people use a quilting tool, that looks like a miniature pizza cutter, with grooves cut out to make the stitched look. Some of the newer gumpaste tool kits have a mini version of it. I find the quilting one works better. You could find it likely at a fabric store or maybe even michaels.

DeniseNH Posted 30 May 2011 , 1:11am
post #3 of 4

That's what I use. Go to a quilting or craft store and look for the rotary cutter section. You'll find straight, waivy and all sorts of designer blades.

mags4girls Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 11:55am
post #4 of 4

thanks for the replys. I think i know what I'm looking for - a multi-ribbon cutter by Fmm, I will keep an eye out for your suggestions first and compare them,
thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%