Retirement Cake Ideas

Decorating By SandraD11 Updated 27 May 2011 , 7:45pm by amygortoncakes

SandraD11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraD11 Posted 27 May 2011 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 2

Hello Everyone,

I need a bit of help! My boyfriend's family has asked me to do a retirement cake for his father. The kicker is, this is his second official retirement and so the family wants the cake to display things from all of his careers (Bus Driver, Security Guard and a Pipe-fitter for the Naval base in Virginia Beach, VA). And oh, did I mention that I'm going to be traveling to do this cake?? I live in MI and will be baking/decorating the cake in VA.

So I want to do something nice but really simple as I won't be able to carry all of my tools, just planning to take the essentials. My first thought was to find elements of each of these careers in plastic figurines to place on the cake, but I can not find a Navy ship to save my life!! Anyone have any idea where I can find cake toppers such as this or a better alternative.

Any and ALL help/ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
Sandra

1 reply
amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 27 May 2011 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 2

You can make all the elements from his life and jobs in gumpaste, store them and then adhere them to a simply designed cake when you get there. Thats what I am doing with a 30th birthday cake for my sister. This way I can work on the elements far in advance and the cake still looks a but over the top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%