Making People Figures Help Aaargh!

Decorating By ezkate Updated 27 May 2011 , 1:15pm by traceyjade

ezkate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ezkate Posted 27 May 2011 , 7:09am
post #1 of 6

so i can make the heads, struggle with the hair, can make arms and legs but cant make clothes/body and cant put them together right. am wanting to make a mum, dad and little boy. if anyone has any tips, ideas, tutorials or books the recommend please send them my way! am only a beg, dont have much modelling experience and am finding it hard to make something when i dont have anything to go by and i am getting frustrated! any help would be very much appreciated! thanks in advance i hope!!

5 replies
seedrv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seedrv Posted 27 May 2011 , 12:13pm
post #2 of 6

PME makes a people family mold set that's a dad, mom, 10 year old and 5 year old kid. I can't post the link because it's blocked. The instruction book has many templates for clothes. You can internet search for it. I just got the set but haven't had a chance to use it yet. It runs about $50 USD. Should be a lot less if you're in the UK.

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 27 May 2011 , 12:55pm
post #3 of 6

you can also check out Lorraine McKay's tutorials. Her username is aine2 on youtube, and she also sells excellent tutorials on her website, www dot extraicing dot co dot uk

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 6

My advice, is search the web. Especially Youtube. Lots of simple tutorials there. And I agree with the last poster. Lorraine McKay is excellent. I went on her site, extra icing, and actually purchased 4 of her tutorials.
After you pay by pay pal, she sends the tutorials directly to your email inbox. Then you can print out the instructuons asap. I have used them over & over. Money well spent. Just a note. When I began printing Lorraine's material, I realized my computer paper was too small. It was the standard size here, but my hubby said the computer paper/printers in the UK were obviously different. Luckily we had extra long paper for our printer.
Hope this info helps

LateBloomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LateBloomer Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 6

Hi
I always start with the legs. Open up the bottom trousers with a pointed tool and then I add the feet or shoes by putting a piece of spagetti into the trouser legs and then a little bit of melted chocolate and then I stick the shoes on. The middle part also gets opened and sticks to the trousers in the same way. Lastly I add the head and hands. Melted choc works the best and for the shoulders I sometimes put the spagetti right through to attach the arms.
Look for Aine2 - Lorraine McKay. She has wonderful tutorials.
Good luck.

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:15pm
post #6 of 6

You can also just measure the torso and cut a front peice of a shirt and do the same for the back add the detail later (pocket, collar) ect. They just fit together at the seams. I usually just cut just by looking and it just fits together icon_biggrin.gif Good luck! Oh also their are some good girls crafts and books that come with stencils for clothes that you could use, I have seen them at Micheals.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%