Horse Racing/jockey Wedding Cake Ideas?

Decorating By LisaR64 Updated 3 Jun 2011 , 2:17am by LisaR64

LisaR64 Posted 27 May 2011 , 2:23am
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a Horse Racing/Jockey themed wedding cake (the groom is a jockey).

The bride mentioned she would like a 3-D replica of the groom and herself with their horses, and she doesn't want the design to be too cartoon like, but that's all I have to go on.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. I seem to be at a loss for ideas on this one.

3 replies
Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 29 May 2011 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 4

I remember when watching Last Cake Standing Marina did a horse racing cake. Her base was like a mini racing track with the white fence/ gate. Then as she worked up it was kind of shaped like a trophy. The top was a chocolate horse made from a huge mold she had and it had a woman sitting side sattle and then the owner next to the horse. The horse had a big rose garland around its neck. ANd of course the name of the horse was on the cake....Does this Jockey only race one particular horse?
check out pics of Churchill Downs In KY (IDK how to spell that haha)I went there as a SR in HS and it is beautiful and where the Kentucky Derby is! I bet it could give you some inspiration. HTH!

Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 29 May 2011 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 4

I looked for a pic of that cake I was talking about but could not find one. I know she did a corset tier and that is what I thought made it look a bit like a trophy. As far as the main design though, besides the race track and topper it was just a really pretty wedding cake with classic piping work =)

LisaR64 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 2:17am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the ideas icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%