Heehee ... So ... Does Anybody Else Here Cheat?

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 27 May 2011 , 8:49pm by AnotherCaker

emiyeric Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:38am
post #1 of 6

So I'm working on my son's bday cake for this weekend. The bottom tier will consist of coiled-up snakes. Since I'm applying lumpy coils all around the cake itself, the ganache finish absolutely does not need to be perfect ... so I'm absolutely not making it perfect icon_smile.gif.

I could be an overachiever, I could strive for excellence and the American way, and try to make my edges as absolutely perfect as if somebody were inspecting them up close with a magnifying glass, just to better my craft and my skills. If I did that, I would probably become significantly better, significantly quickly.

But I'm not. So I won't. I'll just cheat and make soft rounded edges and not stress.

Anyone else a cheater? icon_smile.gif

5 replies
PJ37 Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:44am
post #2 of 6

Working smarter, not harder works for me! icon_smile.gif

3GCakes Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:46am
post #3 of 6

Me!

I always say...if I have to choose between perfectly smooth, razor edge buttercream vs. my sanity, I'm choosing my sanity. icon_biggrin.gif

Monkess Posted 27 May 2011 , 9:34am
post #4 of 6

@3GCakes: Off topic. I love your tagline, wish there was more awareness in the world about us not being this body. Cool.

3GCakes Posted 27 May 2011 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkess

@3GCakes: Off topic. I love your tagline, wish there was more awareness in the world about us not being this body. Cool.

Thanks! I thought it was pretty cool too.

AnotherCaker Posted 27 May 2011 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 6

I just did a really detailed cake. Well, the giant sculpted topper was really detailed, and it is sitting on a 12" round airbrushed black, and the entie top edge of the cake is covered by details of the topper. Do you think I smoothed that buttercream perfectly or cared that the fondant wasn't super smooth? Nope. You can't see it anyways. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%