Can I Freeze A Tres Leches??

Decorating By Dulce28 Updated 27 May 2011 , 7:21am by sweettreat101

Dulce28 Posted 26 May 2011 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a tres leches cake for a quinceanera that is this weekend & I have been practicing for weeks trying to get the milks to not leak out the sides. I think I have finally got it by freezing the cake before putting on the stabilized whipped cream. However... I am very worried because the party starts @ 5, but they won't be eating the cake until later on... so I was wondering if it would be okay if I put the cake in the freezer for a little while before setting it up @ the party or if that would mess up the whipped cream???

2 replies
sweettreat101 Posted 27 May 2011 , 7:20am
post #2 of 3

My three tier star cake in my photos is all tres leches. Some white and some chocolate. I use about 1 1/2 the amount of milks. Just enough that the cake is moist but not leaking out the sides of the cake. I use a skewer and poke holes all over the layer of cake making sure that I don't get to close to the edge. At least 1/2 inch in. I pour on enough milk to coat the top and let it soak in. Then I will add another layer until it's the desired texture. You want to make sure that you can handle the cake to assemble. I never add additional milks to a cake that has been filled and ready to frost. I also don't use whipping cream as it's not very stable even if you add ingredients to stablize it. I use butter cream for the top if I will be stacking so when you take the cake apart to serve your frosting's not stuck to the cake board or plates. Then I use Frostin Pride non dairy frosting for the sides. I have made this cake many times and despise working with it but it is the only cake that one of my customers will order. Hope this helps.

sweettreat101 Posted 27 May 2011 , 7:21am
post #3 of 3

Sorry forgot to add that Frostin Pride whips up like whipping cream and it doesn't require refrigeration. Nice light frosting. Just make sure that you don't over beat it or it does get stiff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%