Sugar Bottle - Stickyness

Sugar Work By PandaMin77 Updated 30 May 2011 , 7:53pm by PandaMin77

PandaMin77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PandaMin77 Posted 26 May 2011 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 3

I made the 1/2 sugar half light corn syrup and boiled it in the microwave I wanted to make a dark brown beer bottle so i cooked it until it was brown and then poured into my mold making it into a beer bottle it has been about a half a day and the bottle is still sticky. Is there anything I can put on it to get it less sticky? How can I prevent this from happening in the future?
thanks!

2 replies
Sugar_Art_Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Art_Cakery Posted 28 May 2011 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 3

Well, the best way to get rid of the stickiness on the bottle now is to place it in some kind of airtight container and throw a couple food safe silica gel (desiccant) packets in there. Your bottle will be bone-dry within a day.

As for preventing future stickiness when using isomalt, it could be any number of variants in your cooking process.

Not using distilled water
Heating too slowly
Not bringing everything to the right temperature
Overheating
Not stopping the cooking process fast enough
Just too humid where your cooking

It could be any number of things so you just have to do a process of elimination at this point to figure out where your recipe is going wrong. HTH
icon_smile.gif [/list]

PandaMin77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PandaMin77 Posted 30 May 2011 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 3

I left for the weekend and kept the bottle on the counter , part of it actually melted. i had made it out of the sugar/corns yrup half/half mixture, what temp should i be getting it to? I was going for the darker color so it matches a beer bottle..

What temp does the sugar and or isolmalt need to be at?

I have since bought I somalt but not sure how to make it without distilled water. Can I use the corn syrup like the sugar recipe? It has been very humid the last week what can I do to counter act it?If I put a sticky bottle and lay it in a box the whole side will melt/stick to the box.

My goal is to make clear ice cubes ad a few beer bottles.

thanks so much for any help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%