Anyone Know Of A Cream Cheese Frosting That Needs No Refrig?

Baking By VS8894 Updated 27 May 2011 , 3:48pm by Lovin_Cakes30

VS8894 Posted 26 May 2011 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 10

I need a cream cheese type frosting recipe for a wedding cake. The cake is carrot, but I don't have the refrigeration needed to keep it cold. In the past I have used cheesecake pudding mixed with a little milk and added to my buttercream. But I was wondering if anyone had any other recipe that would work.

Thanks in advance,

Vicki

9 replies
ConfectionsCC Posted 26 May 2011 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 10

I use a cream cheese buttercream recipe. I think all will require refridgeration though...This one can be left out for several hours, I personally have left it our 2 days and not problem eating it! Try just doing it as late as possible! can you fit it if it isnt stacked?

VS8894 Posted 26 May 2011 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 10

No, it would have to be out, I may just go with my back up plan, it does compliment the carrot, just a different taste.

superwawa Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 10

I have never tried it, but I believe some have tried using a "cream cheese" or "cheesecake" flavoring in their usual BC recipe to have a stable frosting that has a taste similar to cream cheese frosting. Hopefully someone else can verify this or supply other guidance.

Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:37pm
post #5 of 10

What about the cream cheese filling in the sleeve? Is that stuff stable? Could you work that into a frosting by adding powdered sugar or by just adding it into a buttercream? I had been thinking about trying that myself....no clue if it would work though?

robinmarie Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 10

Earlenes web site has a cream cheese frosting that dosen't need to be refridged. I use that recipe for my go to for cream cheese frosting...yum

robinmarie Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:40pm
post #7 of 10

Earlenes web site has a cream cheese frosting that dosen't need to be refridged. I use that recipe for my go to for cream cheese frosting...yum

robinmarie Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:41pm
post #8 of 10

oops I hit the send button twice. sorry

VS8894 Posted 27 May 2011 , 3:33pm
post #9 of 10

The wedding is tomorrow, so I don't have time to order anything, got the wedding cake order a couple of weeks ago, and so I was just now thinking about it, lol.

If it comes up again, I will look into the filling sleeve thing.

Thanks everyone.

Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 27 May 2011 , 3:48pm
post #10 of 10

They have sleeves at our cash and carry if you have one of those.... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%