Thank You Cc Posters!!

Decorating By nicunurse Updated 26 May 2011 , 6:40pm by Herekittykitty

nicunurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicunurse Posted 26 May 2011 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 8

I wanted to send out a big THANK YOU to the cc poster who suggested cocoa powder in my mmf to make a deep red. I was struggling with the color and did a search and there the post was in a thread. It worked out perfectly!!! Love, love all the tips and suggestions here. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 26 May 2011 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 8

Isnt it great when someone suggests something that makes life easier lol

The lady who runs the market stall where i buy my cake stuff from suggested using the chocolate flvour dark brown fondant when trying to make black using colour paste.

Ive not got round to trying it yet but can see it being alot easier than going from white to black!

nicunurse Posted 26 May 2011 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 8

I gave up on black mmf and now I purchase it. I like Duff's taste but it is soo soft that all I can really do with it is cover cakes with it. Yes, this site makes cake life so much easier! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 26 May 2011 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 8

There was someone looking for the black Wilton candy melts that they bring around Halloween only, and she found them at the Wilton's site.

Same for red. This blogger works only with MMF and modeling chocolate, and I see lots of dark colors. She colors MMF with candy melts.

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/09/recipe-marshmallow-fondant-mmf.html

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/11/recipe-red-marshmallow-fondant-mmf.html

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 26 May 2011 , 2:10pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicunurse

I gave up on black mmf and now I purchase it. I like Duff's taste but it is soo soft that all I can really do with it is cover cakes with it. Yes, this site makes cake life so much easier! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Apparently, you have not found the wonderful black fondant made with chocolate chips on the CC recipe site...type in 'black fondant' in the search and you will find the best tasting chocolate fondant that can easily be made into black...I would never use Duff's in place of this...and it is so much cheaper...and did I say, 'better tasting'? icon_lol.gif

Niki11784 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niki11784 Posted 26 May 2011 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 8

I make black using cocoa powder in the fondant - swap 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa for powder sugar. And then I add the black. Works everytime.

nicunurse Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:30pm
post #7 of 8

Well thank you all for the advice!!

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:40pm
post #8 of 8

Americolor Super Black. One-Two healthy squirts into the melted MM's. Will be charcoal grey when finished and black after sitting overnight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%