Hints & Tips For A Beginner Please!!!!!!!!

Decorating By TBEANZ Updated 27 May 2011 , 2:27pm by TexasSugar

TBEANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TBEANZ Posted 26 May 2011 , 9:47am
post #1 of 4

Hello fellow cake addicts.

Like all of you i am sure, i started with an idea which has turned into an addiction.
I have made 3cakes in total & i love what i am doing & creating but I am limited to what i can make as i do not have tools, let alone know what tools to by. I would love to know the beginners "must haves". I have decorated all my cakes by hand apart from my star themed 13th birthday cake, i splashed out on some star cut outs - it was the high light of my day.

I would also love a few good recipes. Ones that taste great, easy to carve & crumb coat. Just a couple of classics to get me started. I already have a recipe for choc mud & white choc mud.

Also while i have all of your attention, i am loving the look of quilted fondant, very elegant. A little run down on how to do that would be also appreciated. Just incase you start stating items and ingediants i havent heard of, i am from new zealand and may not have all that you use but i sure can google it.

Thank you guy's for taking them time to read and help..

Tina.

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TBEANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TBEANZ Posted 27 May 2011 , 7:55am
post #3 of 4

Hey there,

Thanks so muching for answering my questions.

I had a look at a few of those links and have fallen in love with a few of those amazing flower cuts outs. i have already saved a website and started filling up the shopping cart.

Cheers again.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 May 2011 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 4

Glad I could help. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%