Can Someone Please Help With Fondant Roll Cut Mat

Decorating By Morgana-rose Updated 29 May 2011 , 3:17am by SammieB

Morgana-rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morgana-rose Posted 25 May 2011 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 6

Hi my husband asked what i would like for my 40th birthday, and because we are not wealthy i had asked if i could have a roll fondant cut mat, i am not very good with the whole measurement to cover my cakes, which i really just do as a hobby as im a stay at home mum.

Now that his work is really slowing down to just about ziltch it has become financially hardder, Hes a workaholic so at the moment hes trying to find work. Which now i did not get my birthday wish, so i was wondering if anyone could photocopy or know of a template so i can print it out then my husband can make me one for my birthday present,

Our cake shop is hours away from where we live and the price for me to look at one was a toss up for either food or the mat, At the moment we just had to get our tv disconnected as that was a toss up of either internet or tv, well i choose to keep my internet, we live in the country so were on dial up and had to have tv just to get a reception.

Were quite a fair way from civiliasation due to cheaper rent, So i do hope someone could help me, i would really appreciate it, My birthday had been and we did not do anything for it but all i wanted was a roll cut mat template, thank you if anyone who will help.

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:49am
post #2 of 6

Here's a link to Wilton's Roll & Cut mat which you might be able to use for a template:

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=12E16DE9-475A-BAC0-56AEE0CE62D22CF0&fid=12E16E18-475A-BAC0-5D49470B954F6CC4

HTH

Morgana-rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morgana-rose Posted 29 May 2011 , 1:33am
post #3 of 6

But i cant seem to get the measurements etc so i have no idea thanks for the link, if anyone else could help i would appreciate it,

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 29 May 2011 , 1:58am
post #4 of 6

I have one and have never used it. I use a measuring tape instead.
Works just fine.
The more you work with fondant the easier it will be to judge the size.

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 29 May 2011 , 2:25am
post #5 of 6

I don't know of a template, but you can figure out the measurements, it will just take a bit of time to do the math. Take the diameter of you cake, add 8 inches (cakes average 4 inches high, you need the 4 inches all around, so add icon_cool.gif, then add a few more inches for leeway (I like to have at least 2 all the way around), so maybe add another 4 if that's what you work with... I hope that makes sense:

ex. for a 6 inch round cake: 6" + 8" (4" cake height all the way around) + 4" (excess)= 18" circle for fondant

Just draw concentric circles in the sizes you need/use... I kind of just guestimate, but if I were to create a mat with measurements, that is how I would do it.

SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 29 May 2011 , 3:17am
post #6 of 6

Morgana-Rose, if you want one, I would be happy to send you one. Just PM me your address, and I'll drop it in the mail.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%