Help With Lemurs!!!

Decorating By scrapaddict Updated 25 May 2011 , 9:12pm by scrapaddict

scrapaddict Posted 25 May 2011 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 5

Please help me! My daughter wants Lemur cupcakes to take to school for her birthday. I am a SAHM, not a cake decorator. I need some ides. I have only found one online and it was made out of fondant which I have never worked with before. I can do either cupcakes or cake pops but she wants them to look like lemur faces! Yikes! For her actual cake I convinced her to do some plastic lemurs and trees but she is sticking with the faces for this. Please give me links to some you have done if you have?

4 replies
Lcubed82 Posted 25 May 2011 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 5

If you can find a cute picture, maybe you could get edible images printed, then apply that to thin fondant. Cut circles out that would then cap the cupcakes. Attach with a reasonable amount of icing for flavor.

I just Google "lemur", selected images, then clipart. A cute little cartoony guy came up, as well as many other images.

stormrider Posted 25 May 2011 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 5

How about finding a cute simple cartoon line drawing and making your own stencil - you could use a wilton color spray to apply it to the top of the cupcakes (or powdered/colored sugar as well).

superwawa Posted 25 May 2011 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 5

Are you going for a look based on the actual animal or more of a cartoon look like the lemurs in the Madagascar movie?

For real black/white lemurs, could you try/modify a design similar to a panda face? I remembered one from a cupcake book I have at home called Hey There Cupcake - check out the panda cupcake on the cover (click on the 'LOOK INSIDE' to make the image bigger):

If I recall corectly, those faces are made with candy melt discs or non-pareil candies (like Snocaps) and white choc chips and then some other candy for the nose.

Otherwise you can do a Google Image search for "panda cupcakes." Some of these could be useful - two other ones I liked were:

scrapaddict Posted 25 May 2011 , 9:12pm
post #5 of 5

I liked the pandas! daughter said they looked like pandas. She wants them to look like real lemurs which have pointed ears. I did pig cupcakes last year using marshmallows I cut for ears. I am thinking I can do that again and maybe spray with that color spray lightly gray. I think I can use black frosting for the mouth. Just need to figure out the eyes. Guess I need to go to the candy store!

Thanks for all the help so far.

Quote by @%username% on %date%