Freezing Petits Fours W/poured Fondant??

Decorating By JGMB Updated 27 May 2011 , 5:54am by Coral3

JGMB Posted 25 May 2011 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 7

I have just about the busiest week of my life going on, so I hate to have to do petits fours today and then again on Saturday. Can I make all of them today and freeze some? They'll be pound cake covered with poured fondant. TIA~!!~

6 replies
JGMB Posted 26 May 2011 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 7

In case anyone else was hoping for an answer, I called Wilton and they said absolutely not. So, I baked the pound cake, cut it into shapes and froze them in a Ziploc. Then, I made the poured fondant and refrigerated it. I'll thaw the cake, reheat the fondant, and assemble them Saturday morning.

Coral3 Posted 27 May 2011 , 12:23am
post #3 of 7

Some people do successfully freeze large cakes that are covered in fondant...essentially a petit four is more or less the same thing, just smaller - isn't it?

sparkle25 Posted 27 May 2011 , 12:35am
post #4 of 7

Poured fondant is very different from rolled fondant. I wouldn't freeze them either.

sugarshack Posted 27 May 2011 , 3:20am
post #5 of 7

the one time i froze cookies with poured fondant, they thawed with a terribly ugly patchy, splotchy surface.

coastalcakecompany Posted 27 May 2011 , 3:49am
post #6 of 7

Sugar in fondant is hygroscopic it will absorb any condensation that forms when you pull them from the freezer. Perhaps you could freeze them unglazed.

Coral3 Posted 27 May 2011 , 5:54am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

the one time i froze cookies with poured fondant, they thawed with a terribly ugly patchy, splotchy surface.

Oh, okay. Good to know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%