Simple Whip Cream Frosting In Summer....help!

Baking By simplysouthern Updated 25 May 2011 , 5:02pm by Claire138

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 25 May 2011 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 5

Ladies and gents is it even possible to do a simple whip cream type frosting in summer? No the cake won't be outside but still, simple whip cream makes me very nervous for summer.

So, anyone have a whip cream recipe they have used that holds up farely well? I will be traveling about 45 minutes to destination.

Oh also, while I'm posting questions.....strawberry filling in a cake covered in fondant. From what I've always been told any fruit fillings should stay refrigerated and fondant not so great with the fridge soooo any help on this would be appreciated too LOL

Thanks CCers, love ya!

4 replies
imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 25 May 2011 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 5

I've heard that this recipe is very similar to whipped cream, but more stable.

http://www.sweetcelebrations.us/files/french_vanilla_buttercream_a_la_toba.pdf

Maybe you should try a small batch. I haven't made it, but everyone says it's like whipped cream.

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 25 May 2011 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 5

I use this one and like it very much:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/sturdy-whipped-cream-frosting/Detail.aspx

I drove about 10 minutes with it and, then it stayed out at room temp for about 2 hours with no problems but, I used a round tip on my cupcakes ... have not used it and left it out with a star tip or detailed swirl.

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 25 May 2011 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you ladies icon_smile.gif

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 25 May 2011 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for both these suggestions, I recently made a bc recipe that I found online with rave reviews (couldn't make smbc bc it was an outside party and it is really warm at the moment), anyway, the bc was ok but nothing to write home about whereas these 2 sound delicious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%