Small Cascaing Music Notes

Decorating By Rhonlynn Updated 26 May 2011 , 4:04pm by Rhonlynn

Rhonlynn Posted 25 May 2011 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 8

I am a hobby baker (I guess that's what you'd call it, having just finished the basic class yesterday). I am going to make an Elvis cake for my neighbor. I have silhouettes of Elvis's head, and black sugar paper. I thought about doing a cascade of music notes.

I am probably going to use a square 10 x 3 if I can find the pan, and will run to the decorating shop this weekend. On top of the square pan, I'll use either and 8 x 3 or 7 x 3. I own an 8 x 2, and 6 x 2 so maybe I should go for a 10 x 2 instead. Whichever. On the cake, I am thinking of smaller music notes, cascading from a sugar paper 45rpm with Happy Birthday printed where the A side label is, on a blue royal icing record label.

It will be done in white BC and I'll have to buy real clear vanilla, and undyed butter, or white spray by Wilton's. I like the fondant ball boarders, but might put black BC dots around the boarder. How is a good way to do the small music notes? Can sugar paper use a scrap book punch of music notes, or should i use fondant and cookie cutters? I had an idea of 3 d music notes, coming out of the cake, and down to the last layer...me and my ideas.....

7 replies
cheatize Posted 25 May 2011 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 8

I would just pipe them.

mom2twogrlz Posted 25 May 2011 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 8

I made some by just rolling a small ball of fondant, then pinching and rolling out a tail. Then I just bent it into a music note. That way they were more 3D and you can make them any size you want. Here is a link to the cake I am talking about. HTH

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1805863

Cupcations Posted 25 May 2011 , 11:39pm
post #4 of 8
pinkpiggie78 Posted 25 May 2011 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 8

Global sugar art has a nice music not set. I used them on this cake...

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1858950

Rhonlynn Posted 26 May 2011 , 1:40pm
post #6 of 8

Nice molds, and nice cakes. heck, I'd order the mold, and use it for other things.

I love Topsy turvy cakes. I intend to get the pans for that. Are they by Fat Daddio's?

pinkpiggie78 Posted 26 May 2011 , 2:59pm
post #7 of 8

I used the petal craft pans to get my topsy turvy. I hate carving.

Rhonlynn Posted 26 May 2011 , 4:04pm
post #8 of 8

If I get my baking license, I'm getting new pans. Infact I'll get them before then.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%