Is There A Rental Fee For Cake Stands And Cupcake Stands?

Lounge By mom2my3girlz Updated 25 May 2011 , 7:59pm by Cupcations

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 25 May 2011 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 4

I wanted to know whether to charge for a cupcake stand? I paid 100.00 for a stand and whenever I use it for someone I go back to pick it up myself....never charge. This is after someone broke it. How do you charge and retrieve it?

3 replies
Heavenlydelights107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heavenlydelights107 Posted 25 May 2011 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 4

I have started to charge a deposit of what it cost me to buy. Once I receive it back, make sure nothing is broken, I will return the refund. If you use contracts, you could add this to a part of your contract and have the customer sign it.

I also had a bad experience w/a Princess Cake Kit and I thought all the pieces were back, well I did not realize the door and 3 windows were missing and gave back the deposit. Granted, it was only a $20 but still, now it is missing pieces.

For my large cupcake tree, I always have charged a deposit.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 25 May 2011 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 4

I charge a deposit equal to the cost of the stand (including tax and shipping) and then a seperate rental fee. If the stand is brought back in the specified amount of time (3 days) in the same condition the client received it they get the deposit back.

Rental fee:
Cupcake stand = $40 (custom made wood 5 tier stand that swivels so the cupcakes in the back are easy to reach)
Cake stand = $25 (custom made wood 16" square)
Cake pedistal stand (small cakes only) = $10 (ceramic puchased at Home Goods)

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 25 May 2011 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 4

I do also charge for renting my CC stand depending on how many tiers they need I charge, yet I dont charge for deposite even though I really should icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%