Molds For Fondant - Borders - Where To Buy?

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 25 May 2011 , 3:40pm by kristiemarie

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 24 May 2011 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 5

What is the best brand that I can get for a reasonable price? I don't want to spend $30 on one mold but I am looking for the fondant border molds.

Any suggestions?

4 replies
Kristie925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristie925 Posted 25 May 2011 , 12:06am
post #2 of 5

Wilton just put out some new items that are very reasonably priced. I got a mold from Hobby Lobby that has roses, leaves, scrolls and 2 borders! I've already used it a few times and I love it!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 25 May 2011 , 12:06am
post #3 of 5

You might try Global Sugar Art, Country Kitchen SweetArt or Fancy Flours. There are molded borders or cutters for borders. I shop between these and have always had great delivery and great products.

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 25 May 2011 , 12:29am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie925

Wilton just put out some new items that are very reasonably priced. I got a mold from Hobby Lobby that has roses, leaves, scrolls and 2 borders! I've already used it a few times and I love it!

I also saw these Wilton ones the other day... At the Michaels where I live they were only $10 icon_smile.gif

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 25 May 2011 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 5

I went this morning and got me a Wilton mold! And they also had a leaf and flower veiner. I ended up getting the leaf and flower veiner mold, the Baroque border mold and the ribbon cutter for $31. I was pretty happy. icon_smile.gif

I'll let you all know how they work. icon_smile.gif

Thanks!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%