Gumpaste Flower Dvd Suggestions?

Decorating By countrycaker Updated 25 May 2011 , 6:56am by BakerAnn

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 24 May 2011 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 11

So my husband forgot my birthday. Again. I've decided rather than feel sorry for myself I'm taking matters into my own hands. I need me some gumpaste flower instructional DVDs! What do you folks recommend? Are they worth the money or is it just as well to watch the tutorials on youtube? What do ya think?

P.S. To give him credit, DH did get me an awesome Mother's Day gift (new deck!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif ) so I'm not quite as upset as I was.

10 replies
moranda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moranda Posted 24 May 2011 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 11

I would like some info as well.

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 24 May 2011 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 11

Maybe something of Edna de la Cruz's?

Jess1019 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess1019 Posted 24 May 2011 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 11

I have all the DVD's by Edna De La Cruz at Designmeacake.com LOVE THEM!!!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 24 May 2011 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 11

I heard Scott Clark Woolley's DVDs are the best, but they might cost your poor husband more than the deck. Nicholas Lodge also has DVDs. Those two are the masters of gumpaste flowers. Well, because Ron Ben Israel doesn't have any...

Here's another thread:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-619405-.html

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 24 May 2011 , 10:29pm
post #6 of 11

I treasure my Nicholas Lodge DVDs. His teaching manner is very good and his voice is nice. Some youtube tutorials have annoying voices and I wind up muting them. Edna De La Cruz has some nice ones too. Another good one is Jennifer Dontz. Happy shopping.

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 24 May 2011 , 10:45pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Quote:

I treasure my Nicholas Lodge DVDs. His teaching manner is very good and his voice is nice.

I love Nicholas Lodge too, but I have to say when I saw this I chuckled. I used to put his DVDs on to put me to sleep when I was stressed out lol!! Much better for you than ambien AND you get a great learning tool! icon_lol.gif

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 24 May 2011 , 10:51pm
post #8 of 11

Sharon Zambito is coming out with a new one for this fall i belive. sugaredproductions.com

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 24 May 2011 , 10:54pm
post #9 of 11

I love Edna's stargazer lily dvd, she goes into such detail. My first lily I made turned out perfect, all because she is such a good teacher. Also I have Jennifer Dontz's fondant video, she is wonderful, so helpful, its the only fondant I use for covering cakes.

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 25 May 2011 , 12:43am
post #10 of 11

OOOOHHHH! Sharon Zambito has another DVD coming out! Can't wait. Thanks for the head's up smashme.

BakerAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerAnn Posted 25 May 2011 , 6:56am
post #11 of 11

Jennifer Dontz's "Sensational Sugar Flowers" is excellent. As soon as Sharon Zambito's new one is available I'll be ordering it too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%