Secure Dummy Cakes To Decorate?

Decorating By ajwonka Updated 24 May 2011 , 11:03pm by Dayti

ajwonka Posted 24 May 2011 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 3

How do you secure your dummy cakes to your turntable to decorate? Mine slide all around since they are so light! When i searched the forums for this answer, i read that someone modified a turntable with a dowel to sick the dummies on but i don't even know what that would look like.

2 replies
cakegirl1973 Posted 24 May 2011 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 3

I just use a heavy tape to secure it to a larger cake board and then tape the board to the turn table. Once the cake has set up, then I remove the cake board and stack the dummy to the lower tier. HTH!

Dayti Posted 24 May 2011 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 3

I have a cake drum with 3 long screws through it in a triangular pattern near the centre (nails would be better but I didn't have any at the time), pointy end up. Spear your dummy on it and decorate away. You have to prise it off all around with a spatula when you're done.

Do this with a large cake drum, so you can decorate anything from a 6" to a 12" easily.

A wooden base with 3 nails would be ideal, since it's heavier than a drum, though non-slip matting under whatever you end up using will help it not slide around on the turntable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%