Holy Americolors Batman!

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 25 May 2011 , 4:01pm by Debi2

kristiemarie Posted 24 May 2011 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 12

I knew Americolors were better but wow, I had no idea how MUCH better they were than Wilton!

I used my Americolors for the first time last night. My hand is stained. My counter has a nice little pink spot on it. And my tiara turned out fantastic! Which is what I was airbrushing.

I can't believe how little you need to use. And how BRIGHT the colors are. I am sold. Hook, line and sinker.

Never buying Wilton crap colors again!! icon_biggrin.gif

11 replies
CutieMcCakes Posted 24 May 2011 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 12

I'm glad you're happy with it! I've placed my order for some of them and wasn't sure how they were going to come out.. I'm now feeling more reassured!

kristiemarie Posted 24 May 2011 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 12

Nothing like pressure.... LOL I hope you like them as much as I do!

QueDeeCakes Posted 24 May 2011 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 12

I totally agree..Americolors are fabulous!!

Melvira Posted 24 May 2011 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 12

Woot woot!! I adore Americolors. I am in love with the metallics too! They are awesome!

joycesdaughter111 Posted 24 May 2011 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 12

I like the fact that you don't need toothpicks! And Americolor Super Red is the best red.

But I DO like the thicker consistancy of the Wilton gels for light colors.

SonyaLynn23 Posted 24 May 2011 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 12

Do the colors leave a bad taste when you color the fondant dark? Wilton No-Taste Red is good but all the other Wilton colors I've tried leave a bad taste.

Thanks!

kristiemarie Posted 24 May 2011 , 8:22pm
post #8 of 12

I don't know....I haven't tasted anything yet. I was airbrushing royal icing so I didn't eat it.

moranda Posted 24 May 2011 , 9:46pm
post #9 of 12

I totally agree, I had been using Wilton colors for years and finally decided to try some Americolors, I will never go back. The colors are so great and I also love the no toothpick thing.

CutieMcCakes Posted 25 May 2011 , 3:03pm
post #10 of 12

Melvira - there's metallics?! oh man, so many choices and things to play with! i'm gonna need a shed to house all my new toys! lol icon_biggrin.gif

Herekittykitty Posted 25 May 2011 , 3:25pm
post #11 of 12

I love bold colors and have not noticed any bitter or off taste when making icing black, red or green. I use the Super Black and Super Red, favorites are the electric colors.

The black MMF (to be fair it was raspberry Jello MMF)on my cross stitch cake was made using Super black, just a healthy squirt into the melted mallows then worked in the PS. Add more black if the PS turns it too grey (just remember, these colors will definately deepen after a few hours/overnight). It was a charchoal grey when finished then the next day deep black.

Debi2 Posted 25 May 2011 , 4:01pm
post #12 of 12

I agree completely! Americolors are great! Wilton gel colors are awful...and they dry up so fast I rarely get them used up first. I just got the Amerimist airbrush colors too...can't wait to try them out, I'm sure they will be just as great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%