Preschool Graduation

Decorating By AMOVERBY Updated 28 May 2011 , 4:58am by CakelynsFinest

AMOVERBY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMOVERBY Posted 24 May 2011 , 1:36pm
post #1 of 13

I need some help trying to come up with an idea for a preschool graduation cake. Its going to be a small 1 tier 8" round. My first thought was something ABC's, but she wants something that is simple but more elaborate then ABC's if that makes any sense. I'm drawing blanks for this. I'd appreciate any ideas. Also, her price range is $50-$75.

12 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 24 May 2011 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 13

An 8" round cake will give you about 20 servings. Will that be enough? Of course, if it's children, you might be able to make the servings a little smaller. But if you charge by the standard serving size, at $3.50 a serving, that's still only $70 for the whole cake. If you're any good at making fondant or gumpaste decorations, you could put some little crayons, a ruler, some small book, a paintbrush and a tray of watercolors, a pair of blunt-edged scissors, a jar of paste and whatever else you can dream up that's related to kindergarten life, as well as a little graduation cap and a diploma.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 24 May 2011 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 13

Im on the same boat, I want to make a cake for my lil boys pre-k class but have been looking at a few and don't really catch my eye. good luck and don't forget to post pictures.

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 24 May 2011 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 13

How about a 3-D duck with a graduation cap? You could put it on a half height round cake if you need to build up the servings and decorate that like water and bubbles.

Or make rectangular flower box as the cake and add flowers sticking out of the top with all of the kid's names... On front of the flower box you could add the school name, teacher name, year, etc...

Marianna46 Posted 24 May 2011 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 13

KristyCakes, what great ideas! They certainly get you out of the school supply rut!

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Posted 27 May 2011 , 2:02am
post #7 of 13

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2047886

Hopefully you can see this link. This is a cake I made for my son's preschool graduation. The graduation cap is a cake dummy. You can maybe make the the book a little smaller.

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:37pm
post #8 of 13

I was just coming here to look for ideas for a friends preschool graduation. icon_smile.gif

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:47pm
post #9 of 13

I'm actually going to do an open box of crayons I think. The box being the cake and then fondant crayons. Maybe an idea for you?

Marianna46 Posted 27 May 2011 , 6:35pm
post #10 of 13

Mmm, yes - those crayon cakes are so colorful!

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 27 May 2011 , 8:03pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakelynsFinest

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2047886

Hopefully you can see this link. This is a cake I made for my son's preschool graduation. The graduation cap is a cake dummy. You can maybe make the the book a little smaller.

Cute cake.

Marianna46 Posted 27 May 2011 , 9:59pm
post #12 of 13

I just realized how dumb my comment on crayon cakes sounded - colorful indeed! Let me restate that: I love crayon cakes because of the shapes and colors involved and would like to have an excuse to make one sometime soon. I don't know why I didn't think of it when pre-school was first mentioned. And I liked your cake a lot, too, CakelynsFinest!

CakelynsFinest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Posted 28 May 2011 , 4:58am
post #13 of 13

Thank you so much! icon_smile.gif I do also love the box of crayons idea. I would love to try that one day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%