What Flavor Filling??

Decorating By JessicakesBakes Updated 24 May 2011 , 10:01pm by sweet_tooth_0710

JessicakesBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessicakesBakes Posted 24 May 2011 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 5

I have really wanted to try the Root Beer cake on the Gourmet Flavors list....and now my Father-In-Law has asked for one for his birthday. I am drawing a complete blank, though, creativity totally sapped -----what flavor filling would go with this cake? I have to ice it in buttercream and then cover with fondant because it is also going to be my final cake for my class, but under the icky-tasting fondant (I haven't mastered MMF yet) I want the cake to taste yummy!! What woudl you suggest?
TIA

4 replies
SheriCakes4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheriCakes4u Posted 24 May 2011 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 5

Jessica - try Michele Foster's fondant http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7446/michele-fosters-fondant or Jennifer Dontz's chocolate fondant (you'll have to get it off of one of her DVDs http://www.jenniferdontz.com/estore.php?category=dvds -- either of the dvds with fondant in the title). They are both absolutely delicious! I just started working with fondant about 9 months ago...beginning with Wilton fondant (YUCKY tasting...easy to work with). I tried MMF (2 or 3 different recipes). Then I read about Michele Foster's fondant and tried that. I have had nothing but compliments on my fondant covered cakes. I recently had a request for a cake that I needed the fondant not to stretch too much, and ordered Jennifer Dontz's dvds. She is so nice and responds to emails and orders very quickly!

RE: what flavor frosting/filling, I would say vanilla would be great. Have you ever had a root beer float? Usually has vanilla ice cream, right? I don't even like root beer, but I like a good root beer float.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 24 May 2011 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 5

I would also say vanilla. I love root beer floats and that's vanilla ice cream with root beer. Let us know how your root beer cake turns out and what it tastes like. It sounds so good.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 24 May 2011 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 5

I think French Vanilla Butter Cream would be good! Swap the liquid out with french vanilla liquid coffee creamer and add french vanilla extract.

sweet_tooth_0710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_tooth_0710 Posted 24 May 2011 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 5

I have made a rootbeer float cake 3 time now and everyone seems.to love it. I fill it with vanilla Rich's Bettercream with a little bit of rootbeer concentrate added.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%