Need Help! Camo Ideas?

Decorating By jewordsoflife Updated 23 May 2011 , 10:07pm by jewordsoflife

jewordsoflife Posted 23 May 2011 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 7

I have a 15yr old boys bday tomorrow and the mom wants to know if I could do something with camo on cake pops? He loves to hunt. Any ideas on how I could decorate a cake pop with camo?
TIA! icon_confused.gif

6 replies
sweettreat101 Posted 23 May 2011 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 7

You could do it with butter cream and a Viva paper towel but it will be time consuming to make each cake pop. How many did she want? http://allrecipes.com/Cook/13754506/Photo.aspx?photoID=218315

jewordsoflife Posted 23 May 2011 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 7

A dozen. NICE work on your cake!! How exactly did you accomplish that?

sweettreat101 Posted 23 May 2011 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 7

I used four cake bags filled with different colors of crusting butter cream fitted with a tip 3 and a Viva paper towel. What you do is outline a pattern in one color then do the same with your next color. With a zigzag motion fill in the middle of the pattern. With something as small as a cake pop I would apply and fill in your camo pattern and let them crust for about ten minutes or until you can lightly touch the frosting without it sticking to your finger. Then take a paper towel lay it on top of the cake pop and gently smooth with your finger. Hope that makes since.

jewordsoflife Posted 23 May 2011 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 7

THANKS! I just may give that a try! I'll let you know how they turn out if I do icon_smile.gif

icer101 Posted 23 May 2011 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 7
jewordsoflife Posted 23 May 2011 , 10:07pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks icer101. I now have another question that maybe one of you could help me with. I'm actually making oreo truffles/balls. They're made of oreos and cream cheese. Anyway, I just mixed the batter and bc the cream cheese is at room temp, the batter is so soft that I really can't make the balls. I've put the batter in the fridge to firm it up a bit and I'll try to roll them again. My question is do you think I should dip the balls in the chocolate before trying to do the camo with bc? I'm concerned that the balls won't hold their shape if I don't, but I don't know for sure because this is my first time making these. Any thoughts? Thanks again!! I appreciate all your help!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%