Eggless Lemon Cake Recipe Or Any Recipe

Baking By shikhamj Updated 26 May 2011 , 2:12pm by shikhamj

shikhamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shikhamj Posted 23 May 2011 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everybody,

I have a birthday coming, and i need to prepare an Eggless Lemon cake, ..I searched for the recipe online but was not able to get one.. please anyone have an eggless recipe do share .. Thankyou so much icon_smile.gif

Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 24 May 2011 , 5:43am
post #2 of 6

Google it as "vegan" and you should have success. I just had to do a white cake for a wedding and there were tons of recipes... many with reviews.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 24 May 2011 , 9:35am
post #3 of 6

I have made the chocolate depression cake but subbed the coca out for flour, half the water for lemon juice and added the rind of a lemon. It was really tasty.
For my taste I could have added more lemon juice but then I love lemon and the sharper the better for me.

I put it with lemon curd filling (recipient was lactose intollerent but ok with eggs, the cake just happened to have neither). Lemon butter cream should be really nice with it.

You can do the same for orange but use juice in place of all of the water.

shikhamj Posted 24 May 2011 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer353

I have made the chocolate depression cake but subbed the coca out for flour, half the water for lemon juice and added the rind of a lemon. It was really tasty.
For my taste I could have added more lemon juice but then I love lemon and the sharper the better for me.

I put it with lemon curd filling (recipient was lactose intollerent but ok with eggs, the cake just happened to have neither). Lemon butter cream should be really nice with it.

You can do the same for orange but use juice in place of all of the water.

Thank you Jennifer353. Is is possible if you can share the step by step recipe for this icon_smile.gif ..

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 25 May 2011 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 6

I got the original Chocolate Depression Cake recipe here from 7yyrt but have often made it since for people who are lactose/egg intollerent and people with no dietry restrictions and it always goes down well.

The original chocolate recipe is:
1 2/3 c. flour
1 c. brown or white sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/3 c. oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. water
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. vinegar
Grease and flour 8x8 inch pan (9x13 inch for doubled recipe). Thoroughly mix together all ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 35 minutes. Can sprinkle powdered sugar on top while cake is hot if desired.

The lemon (and orange) variation I found on a website somewhere and tweekd slightly but have never been able to find it since - luckily I copied it the first time!

Lemon cake:
1 2/3 c.+ 1/4 c. flour (just mixed together)
1 c. white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/3 c. oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. lemon juice
1 tsp. vinegar
grated rind of 1 lemon
Method as above.
I normally put in the dry ingredients first then add the mixed together liquids but it probably makes no difference.

For the orange cake, ingredients as per the lemon cake but use orange rind and 1/2c orange juice in place of the water (so 1 cup orange in total).

shikhamj Posted 26 May 2011 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%