How To Decorate Wilton Carousel Horses??

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 25 May 2011 , 1:45pm by MissCuteCupcakes

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 23 May 2011 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 4

I'd like to use the horses from the Wilton carousel kit, but prefer to decorate with something edible. I've experimented and painting thinned RI didn't look that great and I'm not that crazy about the decorations in the instructions. Any other ideas besides painting them with acrylic paints?? Is painting with candy melts possible?
I'd be willing to do make my own horses, but want them to look great - it's for my little girls's 4th b-day. Is there a good mold for making fondant carousel horses?
Any suggestions would help!
TIA icon_smile.gif

3 replies
MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 24 May 2011 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 4

i made the wilton carousel cake a couple months ago and i painted the horses and the carousel with acrylic paints.

but since u want it to be edible, have you considered painting them with edible gel coloring?

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 25 May 2011 , 3:18am
post #3 of 4

I tried the gel color and it didn't work. So, I decided to try acrylic-it looks really good, so I am going with that! In the future, I think I'd use gumpaste in a mold and paint those...

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 25 May 2011 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 4

ok great! it took me forever to paint all the horses, because i wanted them to be nice and bright, and perfect. i think i used 4 colors....but its still fun! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%