Cheesecake Wedding Cake

Decorating By rhopar33 Updated 23 May 2011 , 6:45pm by carmijok

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 23 May 2011 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 8

I have a wedding cake for Sunday and one tier is supposed to be cheesecake. Does anyone have a recipe for a cheesecake (10 inch) that holds up well for a wedding cake?

Thanks!
Rhonda

7 replies
cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 23 May 2011 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 8

You can use any recipe that you would like and what you can do is set it on foam board and then put a thin foam board on top of it. Be sure to cut the boards the exact size of the cheesecake and have it frozen before you decorate. Exactly where is it going to sit in relation to the rest of the cake? How many tiers are there going to be?
evelyn

rhopar33 Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 8

It is a 3 tier cake and the 10 inch cheesecake will be the middle tier. It will be sitting on top of a 12 inch regular cake, and then there will be a 7 inch regular cake on top of the cheese cake.

Just curious- I'm assuming I will need to make two cheesecakes (just like I would w/ a regular cake) and then put b/c between the layers; is that correct? Also, it is going to a cornelli lace design. Does it still need to be frozen while I decorate it?

Thanks,
Rhonda

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 8

How are you going to display it? Cheesecake, being dairy can only be outside refrigeration for four hours.

rhopar33 Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 8

I am going to put cake together and place in refrigerator. Then I will deliver one hour prior to start of reception.

Smokey5266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smokey5266 Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:59pm
post #6 of 8

I use Wolfgang Pucks cheesecake recipe. It holds well and is reasonably easy to make. I have used it for years.
http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/recipes/view/9998/Spago-Cheesecake

rhopar33 Posted 23 May 2011 , 6:12pm
post #7 of 8

Does the cheesecake have to be fozen or can it just be refrigerated? I'm concerned that if I deliver it frozen, it will "sweat" as it thaws.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 23 May 2011 , 6:45pm
post #8 of 8

Instead of using an entire cheesecake as a tier, why not just use it as a filling. I'm not talking about a thin layer...I mean a real New York style cheescake used as filling. it is more dense and cakey than other cheesecakes. I just did that with a cake I did recently. I went and bought a Sara Lee New York style cheesecake and cut it to fit in between two layers of strawberrry cake. ( I took off the graham cracker crust too). I had more issues with the strawberry cake than I did with the filling. I didn't even do a dam. You could use two thin layers of vanilla cake and use that as the additional height you would need. Plus it would taste delicious. I used the cheesecake frozen to trim and place, and then kept the entire cake cold after frosting. I was afraid the cheesecake would smoosh out the sides after thawing but it didn't. It was outside of the refrigerator about 2 hours before being served. My friend's son (who the cake was for) just loved it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%