Using Social Media In Your Business?

Business By crushed Updated 24 May 2011 , 8:47pm by jason_kraft

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 24 May 2011 , 8:20pm
post #31 of 36

I don't use Twitter at all, only Facebook and my Website.
Just curious - on my FB page I generally only put photos of finished cakes on there with a brief explanation - the occasion and the flavour etc. What else do you guys do with your FB pages? e.g. work in progress photos and stuff?
When I get to 1000 followers I might give away a cake icon_biggrin.gif

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 24 May 2011 , 8:28pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

http://twitter.com/allergyfreecake

I just followed you and read some of your tweets. I think adding some more interesting articles regarding allergy free sweet treats would peak interest.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 24 May 2011 , 8:31pm
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti

... What else do you guys do with your FB pages? e.g. work in progress photos and stuff? ... icon_biggrin.gif

I always gain followers when I show where I get my supplies from...KAF, local egg farmer..etc.

Show photos of the process...that is always a winner.

Oh - I also always "like" or "share" other baker's and/or foodies FB stuff.

just my 2 cents...icon_wink.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 24 May 2011 , 8:32pm
post #34 of 36

I'm pretty chatty on my facebook page, but a lot of people keep it totally business. On the other hand, I've seen people bring their personal arguments onto their business facebook page, which is amusing for us to read about, but isn'tt great for business!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 24 May 2011 , 8:42pm
post #35 of 36

Like hundreds of other business, I link my twitter updates to my FB status.

I definitely use it as a social thing. I announces when I'm delivering cakes, events I'm present and specials. The people who follow me on twitter are more business contacts and FB customers.

Oh, and my handle is twitter.com/kreacioneskity

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 24 May 2011 , 8:47pm
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzymaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

http://twitter.com/allergyfreecake

I just followed you and read some of your tweets. I think adding some more interesting articles regarding allergy free sweet treats would peak interest.

When adding content you also need to be mindful of how that content will impact your business. On our web site we link to food allergy support groups, magazines, blogs, iPhone apps, etc., but articles about allergy-free desserts themselves are usually either about how to make the item at home or tell you where to buy them from a competitor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%