Pricing For Different Types Of Buttercream?

Baking By creativethoughts Updated 23 May 2011 , 5:48pm by Paperfishies

creativethoughts Posted 23 May 2011 , 4:57am
post #1 of 4

So reading the forums I'm finding that a lot of people are saying that they charge $2-3 for cupcakes with just buttercream. So my question is what type of buttercream? Basic, Italian, Swiss? and if it is for just a cupcake with Basic buttercream, then what would you charge for a cupcake with Italian or Swiss buttercream?

I have been baking for years but have yet to sale anything as of yet, and I have a woman who would like me to make Cup cakes for 2 different event's that she will be hosting for her shop. I'm a little unsure of what I should be charging... any ideas and/or thoughts would be appreciated!

3 replies
creativethoughts Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 4

KakeMistress Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 4

look in cake decorating business for Alice cake matrix. Its really hard to determine how much you should charge because prices for materials are diffrent everywhere, this program lets you enter in your recipe and breaks it down it even has a place for cupcakes depending on how many you are going to make and has a place for hourly wage... HTH.

Paperfishies Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 4

It varies. You have to take a ton of things into consideration...How much will your ingredients cost? How long will it take you to bake/decorate all the cupcakes? What are other people in your area charging? What other kinds of costs do you have to cover, if any?

Quote by @%username% on %date%