Michaels B2G1 Free This Week Starting 5/22

Decorating By addietx Updated 24 May 2011 , 3:57am by addietx

addietx Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:04am
post #1 of 7

All over the cake decorating aisle are signs advertising their sale. I am not sure what all it applies to but there were many signs. My Michaels had all the new Wilton toys, molds, sugar sheets, punches etc. Go Crazy!!!! Be sure to use a Michaels 40% off coupon if you don't want to buy 2 items and get one free. My Michaels wouldn't let me do both. Since JoAnn's is right across the street, I bought one mold at Michaels using a coupon and then drove across the street and purchased another mold using a coupon. It came out better for me that way than getting one free since I only wanted two of the molds. Of course, I will probably go back and buy more this week and use another printed coupon.

6 replies
dorothymarie Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 7

I thought you couldn't use a coupon at Michaels on a sale item???

metria Posted 23 May 2011 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 7

it's a great deal! i wanted to buy the new Wilton fondant molds, but they only had 2 of the 3 in stock. So i got their new fondant mat ($12.99) and one of the molds ($9.99) and got the other mold ($9.99) for free! i'm having a hard time not going back!

SimpleAsCake Posted 23 May 2011 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for posting. Im a Michaels-holic!!!!! Im headed there now.

addietx Posted 23 May 2011 , 11:08pm
post #5 of 7

@ContestCook, the cashier told me I could not use a coupon and take the B2G1 deal. I chose to purchase the 2 molds each using a coupon, one at Michaels and one at JoAnns. If you don't do the B2G1 deal the items are not on sale. The molds are $9.99 -$4=$5.99 using the 40% off coupon.

ayerim979 Posted 23 May 2011 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 7

The sale started yesterday the 22nd., I went to the Michaels in Glendale first think I was there 10 min before they opened, and they had not one silicone mold, (I had been there Saturday and was told they will put some out for the sale)

by 12:00 noon I had gone to 3 other Michaels and not one had any silicone molds left. the one in Pasadena had a couple but not the one I wanted (the one with the pear border)

I was totally bummed that they would advertise and not have the product.

I guess wilton really nailed it with these new products.

addietx Posted 24 May 2011 , 3:57am
post #7 of 7

ayerim979, do you have Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, or JoAnns? Any store that carries Wilton products will have the new line to products. When I went to JoAnn's, I had to look around to find the new items since there was no space on the cake decorating aisle for the new products. I found them in cardboard displays several aisles over.

Quote by @%username% on %date%