Storing Fondant Flowers/cutt-Outs

Decorating By Cupcations Updated 25 May 2011 , 5:52am by cathyscakes

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 23 May 2011 , 2:38am
post #1 of 5

I made some fondants flowers & cut-outs for CCs, I will be using some in a couple of days & others in a month
I tried storing them in a plastic container once & they all went mushy icon_cry.gif
So this time I will be storing them in a box
My only problem is that the box I have is a gift box used to store clothes not food... Is that ok or should I look for something else? Keeping in mind that some of them will be staying for a month in that box..
TIA

4 replies
cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:05am
post #2 of 5

I had made some stargazer lilies and I asked Edna (from the video) how to store them, because some of my petals got soft, I also had them in a plastic container. She told me to make sure they were completely dry and to just put them in a box cushioned with toilet paper, and its been working great. I lined the box with tissue and it supported the fragile petals.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:52am
post #3 of 5

Thank you cathyscakes for your reply, I really appreciate it
But is it ok to cover the box??

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 23 May 2011 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 5

I store them in cardboard egg cartons. I get the 18-egg cartons, put the flowers/cut outs in each little egg holder and close the lid. Some of the flowers are too big for this method, so they get stored in a cake box with tissue stuffed inside and the flowers on top of the tissue. So far have had no issues with any of them.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 25 May 2011 , 5:52am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcations

Thank you cathyscakes for your reply, I really appreciate it
But is it ok to cover the box??

I just covered mine with tissue, and its working great so far, but I would think it would be fine to put the lid on, my flowers are too large so I didn't. Edna had mentioned that to put them in the tupperware container the flowers had to be completely dry, she said they were better off in a box.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%