I Have Questions About Freezing Cupcakes.

Baking By dorothymarie Updated 23 May 2011 , 3:54pm by dorothymarie

dorothymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorothymarie Posted 23 May 2011 , 1:30am
post #1 of 4

I am making cupcakes for a party and want to make them one week early and freeze them. I don't want them served in wrappers the day of the party.
1. Do I bake them in wrappers and then take them off before or after I freeze them? I just use cheap paper wrappers.
2. Do I let them cool first before freezing?
3. Do I have to wrap the cupcakes individually in plastic wrap or can I just put them all in a container with a lid?
4. Do I thaw them on the counter or do I thaw them in the refrigerator before icing?

Here is what I am making:

I am not baking the cupcakes in the cones. I am baking them in cupcakes pans and putting them on top of candy filled cones then icing them. Thanks!

3 replies
elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 23 May 2011 , 1:44am
post #2 of 4

Bake your cupcakes, cool completely and then remove the wrappers. Place the cupcakes on a rectangular cardboard cake board (usually 12 -15 fit on a half sheet cake size). Wrap the entire thing in a couple of layers of plastic wrap and freeze. When ready to assemble, thaw completely, remove wrapping and proceed to assemble and decorate.

Good luck!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 23 May 2011 , 2:03am
post #3 of 4

I love the cupcakes in cones. Have you baked regular cupcakes and placed them in cones before? I tried it once and the cupcakes were way too big. I could fit two minis into a regular cone but that was it.

Please let us know how it works out for you.

dorothymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorothymarie Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 4

I am making mini cupcakes and then an even smaller size for the top. The cone is filled with candy for weight. Here is the video:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%