I Have Questions About Freezing Cupcakes.

Baking By dorothymarie Updated 23 May 2011 , 3:54pm by dorothymarie

dorothymarie Posted 23 May 2011 , 1:30am
post #1 of 4

I am making cupcakes for a party and want to make them one week early and freeze them. I don't want them served in wrappers the day of the party.
1. Do I bake them in wrappers and then take them off before or after I freeze them? I just use cheap paper wrappers.
2. Do I let them cool first before freezing?
3. Do I have to wrap the cupcakes individually in plastic wrap or can I just put them all in a container with a lid?
4. Do I thaw them on the counter or do I thaw them in the refrigerator before icing?

Here is what I am making:

I am not baking the cupcakes in the cones. I am baking them in cupcakes pans and putting them on top of candy filled cones then icing them. Thanks!

3 replies
elliespartycake Posted 23 May 2011 , 1:44am
post #2 of 4

Bake your cupcakes, cool completely and then remove the wrappers. Place the cupcakes on a rectangular cardboard cake board (usually 12 -15 fit on a half sheet cake size). Wrap the entire thing in a couple of layers of plastic wrap and freeze. When ready to assemble, thaw completely, remove wrapping and proceed to assemble and decorate.

Good luck!

sillywabbitz Posted 23 May 2011 , 2:03am
post #3 of 4

I love the cupcakes in cones. Have you baked regular cupcakes and placed them in cones before? I tried it once and the cupcakes were way too big. I could fit two minis into a regular cone but that was it.

Please let us know how it works out for you.

dorothymarie Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 4

I am making mini cupcakes and then an even smaller size for the top. The cone is filled with candy for weight. Here is the video:

Quote by @%username% on %date%