Vent --- My College Boy!

Lounge By KitchenKat Updated 23 May 2011 , 4:23pm by indydebi

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 22 May 2011 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 4

For ages I've been anticipating my oldest son coming home from college for the summer. He's been staying with my mom in IL for the past 2 weeks. Scheduled to be home tomorrow. (Due to my dh's work, we are currently living in Asia). To get to our place from the Midwest, he's to take a 30+ hour journey involving multiple flights, cities and countries.

What does the doofus do?

He misses his flight by ONE freaking day!

He didn't freaking bother to check the ticket! He thought it was 22 when it was actually May 21. We had told him repeatedly to check his ticket and do an online checkin.

He managed to get his inter-city flight to Houston. But it's a dead end. No flights out of there til June 9. The airline is trying to get him on a flight to JFK and from there to Asia but the earliest flight is not til the 24th, then the system crashed and nothing's confirmed yet.

I'm alternating between anger, worry and disappointment.

icon_mad.gificon_cry.gificon_mad.gificon_cry.gif

I console myself with the thought that when I was that age, I was giving my mom a lot more He77 and heartbreak than this boy is giving me now. but grrrrr!

3 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 22 May 2011 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 4

ugghh, I am soo sorry, I really feel for you. I can imagine how dissappointed you are.

Where in Asia are you? I can't imagine that there is no flight before that.

Wish they had a hugs emoticon on here, would send you loads of those

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:24am
post #3 of 4

Kids!

My nephew (from Houston) missed his flight to the midwest for his grandma & grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary, not once, not twice, but three times (and one of those times it happened while he spent the night at the airport so he wouldn't miss his flight in the morning)!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 May 2011 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 4

I have a son who has a genius IQ level and once in a while, he'll pull a real boner. I look at him and say, "Oh geesh!!! And you're my SMART kid!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%