Importance Of Facy Liners

Baking By MUAKPsi Updated 23 May 2011 , 4:42pm by cakegirl1973

MUAKPsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MUAKPsi Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,

I'm new to doing fancy cupcake decorating for others. But I've had fun doing it for my family for many years. I've loved buying the fancy liners, whether plain or with the characters for my kids. But when I look at professional bake shops' websites, a lot of them tend to use white, very plain liners.

I wonder what you all use, and what is your thought behind it.

Thanks!
Natalie

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 8

I use white for my cupcakes cakes as you don't see them anyways.I have also noticed that by the time you bake in them...some of the characters etc are lost in the color of the baked cupcake like chocolate..Really...I wouldn't spend the extra cost.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 8

I love the look of white cupcakes in white liners and chocolate cupcakes in brown liners. I think they look like cupcakes. I can go fancy on the top decorations and not spend a fortune on liners. If you're going to buy fancy liners be sure to choose grease proof liners so that they keep their images and colors. Michael's liners are NOT grease proof but someone just posted this week that Hobby Lobby has started carrying grease proof liners.

MUAKPsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MUAKPsi Posted 22 May 2011 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 8

Where do you get brown liners? Do you buy them in bulk? I can imagine that I could find white liners fairly cheaply, just in a retail store, but I'm not sure about the brown ones. Great idea though!

Lili5768 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lili5768 Posted 22 May 2011 , 11:43pm
post #5 of 8

I believe I saw the brown liners at Global Sugar Art.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 23 May 2011 , 1:18am
post #6 of 8

Check eBay and also oasis cake supply. I'm sure there are others as well.

Karadactyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karadactyl Posted 23 May 2011 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 8

Reynold's makes really fabulous greaseproof liners. If you buy them online in their store, you can get them for fairly cheap.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 23 May 2011 , 4:42pm
post #8 of 8

I buy 500 Reynolds liners @ GFS for $3.99. They are good quality but cheap to buy in that quantity.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%