What Would You Charge For This?

Decorating By camomama5 Updated 22 May 2011 , 10:48pm by jason_kraft

camomama5 Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 4

Doing a bridal shower cake for 50 people and they want the 3D bridal party dresses on hangers. Bride and 6 bridesmaids and then 2 little flower girls will be depicted. This is for 50 people. Just curious...what would you charge? I figured fondant by the slice.....times 50 servings (and I will have more than 50 servings anyway)

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 4

I charge $5.00 a serving for 3D cakes and fondant...so....50x5= $250.00

sillywabbitz Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 4

It's more than just fondant by the slice. If you were doing just one large bridal dress cake to serve 50 I would agree but if you're doing 8 mini cakes for the bridesmaid dresses and flower girls, those are very time consuming. It's often harder to work with the smaller cakes. Are you planning on using the Wondermold for the main dress and the mini-wondermold for the smaller ones? If you are going to hand carve them that adds a totally different price point as well. Just some things to think about. Not knowing your cost of ingredients etc it's hard to give you a price but please take into consideration the time for all of the components. She's ordering 9 cakes from you not 1. Covering one large cake is usually easier than making 9icon_smile.gif

jason_kraft Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 4

Add up your ingredient costs, labor costs (your hourly wage * the number of hours needed to make the cake), and per-order overhead costs, then add an additional 20-30% for your profit margin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%