Final Cake For Class One, And I'm Nervous

Decorating By Rhonlynn Updated 22 May 2011 , 9:02pm by Rhonlynn

Rhonlynn Posted 22 May 2011 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 3

I am so nervous about my final cake for Wilton Class one, which is Tuesday. I guess I'm trying to make it perfect. And ofcourse, the boys (my son and his friend) have the Indy 500 finals on t.v., and keep asking me questions, and when they leave, I suppose it will be better. I'm trying for perfectly smooth frosting, using an excellent recipe I picked up from CC.

It's humid, so we put the air conditioner on. I started thinking, I will be very careful with it, on my way to the class. I know I'm going to pass the class, but I want it smooth, and the rest will come. I'm nervous cause I've never done anything like this before, shown food I've created. Ugh.

I made royal icing flowers, and Sugaveil lace medallions for it. This is crazy, it's as if I'm going to get a grade for it, but i know that's not the case.

2 replies
mommynana Posted 22 May 2011 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 3

Im no expert, But i went throu the same thing, Take a deep breath, relax, And enjoy what you are doing, My last cake for my class is in my pic. the green one with the flowers Good luck,

Rhonlynn Posted 22 May 2011 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 3

It's funny, I know I''ll pass, that's not it. I saw she had the certificates last week. It's not as level as I'd like for it to be,and the buttercream is taking a while to crust, cause of the humidity. Just almost every cake I see here is perfect (to me, anyway), from the simple one's to the complicated one's. I know it's an awesome creative process, that I love, and I throw myself into....like when I knit hats. I didn't start out knitting on double pointed needles and cable needles, I've developed it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%