Cupcakes Are Falling

Baking By KWeb Updated 26 Jul 2011 , 6:26pm by SweetSuzieQ

KWeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KWeb Posted 22 May 2011 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 6

All of a sudden my cupcakes are falling. A fellow baking enthusiast said it could be the use of a new pan, my baking cups or over filling them. Please HELP! It's so frustrating. They rise and crest beautifully and 2-3 minutes after removing them from the oven they sink like the Titanic! icon_sad.gif

5 replies
Sheryll317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sheryll317 Posted 23 May 2011 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 6

I have the same problem. Also, it seems my cupcakes are too moist that you cant even hold the cupcake without it falling apart. I'm not sure if the problem is the cupcake itself, the liners or the pans. And for me aside from just sinking, the liners totally separate from the cake as they cool down.

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 6

Try less sugar in the recipe......works for me ;0)

texanlostlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texanlostlover Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:29pm
post #4 of 6

I've never had this happen with cupcakes, but when I've had it with a cake it was because the cake wasn't cooked all the way yet. Seems like the same thing could be the case here. Are you checking them with a toothpick (or I actually use spaghetti noodles) to see if it comes out clean before you take them out? If not, try that next time and make sure that they are truly done. If that's not the problem, I'm not sure what would make that happen. Hopefully some others can chime in. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

MaryMaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryMaking Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 6

This happens to me, too! There is a certain chocolate cake recipe that I have tried halving and making into cupcakes, and they always fall. After seeing some other comments on this and other sites, I thought I needed to bake them longer... but they still fell a little and ended up a little dry after they cooled. Could it be because I halved the recipe? I can't figure it out. :-/

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 6

I would guess underbaking if your recipe worked fine before. Maybe the new pans distribute heat differently requiring longer baking. You could also try baking at 400 for the first 5 min. And then setting to 350 for the remainder. I find I get the best dome this way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%