Buttercream... Help!

Baking By mum321 Updated 22 May 2011 , 2:04pm by sillywabbitz

mum321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mum321 Posted 22 May 2011 , 9:42am
post #1 of 5

I would like to know the best recipes to use for buttercream, as I see some FABULOUSLY iced cakes on here that have used buttercream... When I have used buttercream it ends up in a huge mess.
Is it due to the type of buttercream, the "tools" used to spread it, or is it just skill and ability?

Any good recipes are greatly appreciated!

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 May 2011 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 5

what do you call "a huge mess"? what recipe(s) are you using?

We are better able to help you fix it if we know what you're doing. thumbs_up.gif

wildflowercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflowercakes Posted 22 May 2011 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 5

Google Sugarshack buttercream. It is my favorite and I think you'll find many others agree.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 22 May 2011 , 1:46pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks Deb! The word "buttercream" is synonymous with frosting. It gets confusing sometimes.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 22 May 2011 , 2:04pm
post #5 of 5

Indydebi and Sugarshack's recipe's are probably the two most popular. I've worked with them both with great success. Depending on your area one recipe may have ingredients that are easier to find than anothericon_smile.gif

The recipe does effect the texture and look of the icing but technique is a large part of it. Sugarshack's "Perfecting the Art of Buttercream DVD" is a fantastic resource for getting beautifully smooth buttercream and nice straight edges and corners.
Her DVDs are available at
www.sugaredproductions.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%