Have You Ever...

Lounge By LisaPeps Updated 21 May 2011 , 6:16pm by Caths_Cakes

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 21 May 2011 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 2

had a nightmare about cakes?

I had one last night where I was called in to fix another bakers wreck. I dissembled the cakes, reiced and covered with fondant and I thought I did a pretty good job. Delivered them, went about my usual business then got called back. When I got there the cakes were bulging (seriously bulging... like enormous amounts of buttercream! It looked like the cakes were swollen lol ) and the design was completely different like the cakes had morphed into some hideous design straight off of cakewrecks.com... Then the sisters tried to force me to give them a refund of £600 for accepting the job of fixing the wrecks and not being able to do a good job of it!

The moral of the story is don't agree to fix other peoples work ever! And also don't read about cake disasters before you go to bed lol!

1 reply
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 21 May 2011 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 2

Yup!! i certainly have lol! a few month back i was dreaming that i asked my hubby to hold the cake, so i could trim the board, but he kept spinning the cake so i cut in a spiral and the board got smaller and smaller, so all the buttercream (Which had the consistancy of jelly) started to slide of the cake, and i was trying to use my hands to smoosh it all back on and around the cake, in the end i got so mad i burst into tears and chucked the cake at my hubbys head!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%