Pricing Of Cupcakes

Baking By sweetbeesbakeshop Updated 22 May 2013 , 9:19pm by thecakewitch

Jenniferfrance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferfrance Posted 22 May 2013 , 1:31pm
post #31 of 36

No it doesn't make it right but a lot of people don't have ANY money to start off at all. I started legally. It was rough going. I almost went under but managed to stay afloat. I have a friend that started illegally and did it for 3 years. Now she has her own shop. Lots of things aren't right but circumstances prevent many people from doing things on the up and up. People who illegally bake aren't your competition Jason. They are people that do a cake here or there. They also take enormous risk in case someone falls ill ect since they aren't insured and haven't gone by the hygiene standards. There are people who do business illegally. They take the market share that my clients and most likely your clients wouldn't even bother with. So, someone that uses an illegal baker isn't your client nor mine. Give the girl a break.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 22 May 2013 , 1:39pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniferfrance 

Plenty of people start out doing their cupcake businesses from their homes illegally. So some of you leave the girl alone. I know a woman with a successful bakery that did it under the table for three years in Boston and sold to the Dominican Community. She managed to save enough money to buy a bakery right out. So, if you want to start out that way, do it. Just be careful and only sell to your friends and friends of friends. Don't try to sell it on Facebook or anything else. We set up our businesses because that is what we want. We want to do this for a living and not for a bit of side cash. I think you should sell them for 2 dollars a cupcake. The girl I started with was doing that and making good money.

Being from Boston, I am going to say "alrighty then..."  She might be legitimate right now, but she did so illegally and that will never be right.  

annabananana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annabananana Posted 22 May 2013 , 2:24pm
post #33 of 36

AWhy did someone drag up an old thread thread from 2 years ago to start throwing poop? I am from Cincinnati and am just going to say WHATEVER THEN! and move along. It doesnt pay to feed the trolls. And I bet that it is the same woman from the OP. She has been illegal all this time after ignotring advise from everyone and has come back to rub it in our faces. Roflmao! What she doesn't get is that no one gives a shot.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 22 May 2013 , 2:28pm
post #34 of 36

ASweetbee/Jennifer maybe lots of people start out illegal but most have the grace and decency to not come rub it in others faces.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 22 May 2013 , 2:54pm
post #35 of 36

A

Original message sent by Jenniferfrance

People who illegally bake aren't your competition Jason.

If they advertise to the general public they are competing with real bakeries in their area. End of story.

thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 22 May 2013 , 9:19pm
post #36 of 36

A

Original message sent by scp1127

By the way, sweetlittlebakeshop, you are already asking where to find wholesale boxes, you have three orders next week and you can't possibly get your boxes at Michael's and turn a profit. Did you know we can look look up all of your past posts?

You are really something... calling us on the carpet and acting the innocent. We have been one step ahead of you from the first post. It is wrong for you to be so defensive when there are others who are watching these posts and really want to learn something. Your posts are misleading and wrong. We are always happy to help except when the illegalities are thrown in our faces. Most people are more tactful and it doesn't come up.

Edit 744 people have seen these posts and hopefully they are getting the professional information that has been shared.

I miss scp1127:smile:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%