I was wondering if anyone had used milk chocolate chips to cover your cake pops. I have read that many people had a problem with the candy melts being too thick, so should I (could I) use the chips or are those having problems just not heating the melts enough? I would love any tips you have. I'm tired of wasting so much leftover cake, so I thought I could do these to use it up!! Thanks for your help!
you can use milk choc chips
great! Will they dry softer than the candy melts though or is there no real difference once they are dry?
If you can get paramount crystals at your cake shop they are great for thinning the candy melts. Just a little thins it down perfect for dipping. Never have used choco chips so can't help there.
I dip real wine bottles in chocolate and for my very first one i tried chocolate chips melted....they melt with the slightest bit of warmth, got kinda messy...i use chocolate melts..