Help! Fondant And Gel Color

Decorating By camomama5 Updated 22 May 2011 , 4:08pm by camomama5

camomama5 Posted 21 May 2011 , 2:51am
post #1 of 8

Can I write on fondant/gum paste mix with a tiny paintbrush and gel color??? Will it dry if i leave it overnight? Thank you!

7 replies
jules5000 Posted 21 May 2011 , 3:05am
post #2 of 8

I would think that it would dry unless you had a lot of moisture in there and if that was the case I think from what I have read and heard tonight that your stuff might be messed up if that was the case. Are you just planning on painting with the straight gel color? I don't see why it wouldn't.

camomama5 Posted 21 May 2011 , 3:17am
post #3 of 8

yes straight gel...i am writing on a fondant storefront. i tried it. we;ll see. thank you!

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 21 May 2011 , 3:20am
post #4 of 8

I know you already tried it, but if you mix in a little white powder color, it makes it more of a paste and it dries easier. Maybe next time icon_smile.gif

HamSquad Posted 21 May 2011 , 3:44am
post #5 of 8

I've painted with gel colors mixed with lemon extract on gum paste/fondant mixed shoes, numbers and other things. It will dry overnight as long as there isn't a lot of humidity. I have not paint my gum paste/fondant pieces with straight gel paint. I would like to know how that dries. I have read in other forums to use either lemon extract, vodka, or everclear. I haven't gotten my nerves up to buying alcohol yet(LOL). At my age, I won't get carded, so it is just me being old and nervous. icon_lol.gif

camomama5 Posted 22 May 2011 , 3:27pm
post #6 of 8

where do i get white powder color? i am scrapping the store i did and starting over. not because of the gel but wasn't happy with it. so i will be doing it over anyway. thank you guys!

pmarks0 Posted 22 May 2011 , 3:52pm
post #7 of 8

If you're going to paint on gumpaste or fondant you should mix it with a little bit of vodka. If you paint with straight gel colour, it can remain a bit tacky. Don't ask me how I know. icon_wink.gif

camomama5 Posted 22 May 2011 , 4:08pm
post #8 of 8

ok great....thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%