Idea For "rock Around The Beach"??

Decorating By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 23 May 2011 , 12:48am by SarahBeth3

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 20 May 2011 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone! I'm doing a cake show for a fundraiser this summer, and the theme is "Rock Around The Beach". The show is supporting art in the schools, and they've picked a circle as kind of the main shape of the event. My ideas so far are limited, I'm thinking circle tiers, and something to do with rock 'n roll in the 60's on the beach with surfboards, etc. but I haven't gotten too far. I also need a new technique to use, so it's not just fondant, I've got to add something cool in there...

any ideas for me??

2 replies
yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 22 May 2011 , 3:32am
post #2 of 3

Anyone? icon_smile.gif

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 23 May 2011 , 12:48am
post #3 of 3

What about something reminiscent of the beach boys? Or records, musical notes, palm trees, brown sugar sand, people dancing on the beach, shells, a DJ on the beach, beach towels and or umbrellas with musical notes or something else music related on them or the "Rock around the Beach" logo, beach balls, flip flops, pail & spade... what about a campfire with people sitting around it and one or two people playing musical instruments? You could even throw it a little guy painting a a scene from the beach to tie in "art in the schools". I don't know if any of this is what you are looking for, but thought I would try anyway. Hope you get it figured out just the way you want it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%