Stumped! How Did She Do It?????

Decorating By divinecc Updated 24 May 2011 , 12:26am by misterc

divinecc Posted 20 May 2011 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 14

This cake is so cool, I am thinking about trying it soon but I am not exactly sure how it's done...any ideas??? Thanks

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1810176

13 replies
sweetflowers Posted 20 May 2011 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 14

that's a chocolate wrap. I think there are basic instructions in a sticky in the cake decorating forum (not sure which forum though). I also have a video on doing all different wraps, this was one of them, done about 3 years ago.

divinecc Posted 20 May 2011 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 14

I would really love the info on the video if you have it.....

misterc Posted 20 May 2011 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 14

That is my cake- I'm glad you liked it! There is a post on chocolate wraps with full instructions on basic wraps here on CC, I also have instructions on my blog. Read through the instructions so you understand the process but instead of smoothing chocolate out just drizzle it back and forth in crisscross motion. Hope that made sense.

DSmo Posted 20 May 2011 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 14

It's a chocolate wrap. There are tutorials on YouTube. I'd hunt one down for you, but I'm writing this from my phone and it's sort of a PIA with the small screen.

misterc Posted 20 May 2011 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetflowers

that's a chocolate wrap. I think there are basic instructions in a sticky in the cake decorating forum (not sure which forum though). I also have a video on doing all different wraps, this was one of them, done about 3 years ago.

That makes me sad it was done on video 3 years ago! Here I was thinking it was an original idea! Oh well.

dinascakes Posted 20 May 2011 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 14

I saw that in a tutorial on mycakeschool.com . Its melted chocolate piped onto the clear plastic or you could also use parchment, but the plastic is sturdier. Then you have the let the chocolate harden a little but wrap the cake berfore it actually sets because if not, then it'll break if its too hard. Tricky timing, you might have to do it a few times before you get it right. The one I saw had flowers on the wrap. Haven't tried it myself but doesn't look too easy. Good luck to you!

divinecc Posted 20 May 2011 , 5:56pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterc

That is my cake- I'm glad you liked it! There is a post on chocolate wraps with full instructions on basic wraps here on CC, I also have instructions on my blog. Read through the instructions so you understand the process but instead of smoothing chocolate out just drizzle it back and forth in crisscross motion. Hope that made sense.

It is so creative! I just checked out your blog and will definitely be using it as a reference. Thanks to everyone for all your help! Love CC!

TexasSugar Posted 20 May 2011 , 6:36pm
post #9 of 14

Wilton had this idea posted in the yearbook, either last year or the year before I believe.

Cupcations Posted 23 May 2011 , 12:33am
post #10 of 14
Quote:

misterc I would love to check out your blog... Can you please post the adress, that cake is amazing!
Thanks!

Cupcations Posted 23 May 2011 , 12:34am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcations

Quote:

misterc I would love to check out your blog... Can you please post the adress, that cake is amazing!
Thanks!

Lol sorry just noticed it as your website ... my bad icon_confused.gif

MaTwosey Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:28am
post #12 of 14

Isn't it fantastic that you can post a photo of an awesome cake and not only get advice on the technique used, but actually contact the original cake designer?!!!

This site is so great.

sweetflowers Posted 23 May 2011 , 10:20pm
post #13 of 14

Sorry misterc, I know what that's like, thinking you figured something out on your own, and then finding another mind has done it. I did notice Wilton did the circle chocolate wrap in their yearbook last year (also in my video) and I know that's been around a while. Just shows great minds think alike!! icon_lol.gif

But I love the color you used on your cake!

misterc Posted 24 May 2011 , 12:26am
post #14 of 14

Thanks Sweetflowers. I guess I should still look at the wilton year books. It didn't seem like there was ever anything new so I quit buying them. Considering cake decorating has been around for a very long time there probably aren't too many original ideas out there, huh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%