Cake Donation Mess, Another Cake Has Been Purchased??

Decorating By dreamacres Updated 20 May 2011 , 1:06pm by Paperfishies

dreamacres Posted 20 May 2011 , 12:31pm
post #1 of 4

I was contacted to make a cake for a young girls birthday party. It has been a mess. The party is being paid for by CASA. They made a budget for party, $100 for facility, $XXX.00 for misc. no money budgeted for cake, so I said I would do it free???? Party is tomorrow and I have somehow become the go between for the facility and the mother who is the one that ordered the cake. They did not even have the same dates. I forward post I rec'd from facility to mother and all seemed to finally get worked out. I then rec'd a post from the facility asking me to attend the party to help. I just do not have the time right now to go, so told them I could not help (pony ride party at a stables). Next post I get is the facility has purchased a cake for the event??? Would you still finish the cake and send it to the event, or just save your time and let them use the one the facility purchased. I have posted to mother and facility and no one will get back with me. I really am feed up with this mess, only 5 kids for event and two cakes is crazy.

3 replies
MCYSO11 Posted 20 May 2011 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 4

If it were me I would forward all emails to the mother and the facility with a polite message outlining what you believe to be the status of the party and the facility's cake. Then I would firmly but politely state that you don't feel it is appropriate to be involved at this time. After all, you were doing it for free to begin with and they are taking advantage.

Of course, you could call someone on the phone. I don't know why the facility and the mother are relying on email so much. What if you had never checked your email? Calling would be a sure way to get a straight answer. Just an opinion....

dinascakes Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:01pm
post #3 of 4

Sounds like a mess!! I would just say an emergency has suddenly come up and get the heck out of that situation!! Doesn't seem like anyone really knows whats going on. How do you NOT budget something for a cake? Isn't a cake a part of every party? Even if it was for a $50 cake from the local supermarket or something. Sounds crazy to me. Good luck to you!

Paperfishies Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:06pm
post #4 of 4

I have dealt with CASA of Indiana before (not cake related, personal reasons, trying to get custody of my cousins children) and let me tell you...They are one huge effin mess...Chickens running around with their heads cut off comes to mind.

I would email the CASA rep that has been contacting you and tell them to contact the mother directly..>Then I would call and leave a message saying the same thing...Then I would contact the mother and tell her to contact CASA.

Tell the mother that you need to know for sure if CASA is supplying the cake as you have other projects going on.

If you haven't started the cake already...I would probably just make a very, very small cake for the birthday child only, to make him/her feel special and pretty much leave it at that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%