Strawberry Shortcake Filling

Decorating By wendy4 Updated 22 May 2011 , 6:52pm by wendy4

wendy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendy4 Posted 20 May 2011 , 11:48am
post #1 of 7

I was at a shower where they served a yummy cake with what they called strawberry shortcake filling. The filling was similar in texture to the filling you can purchase in cake stores and i believe it had strawberries or strawberry puree. Can anyone tell me where to locate a recipe for filling similar to this? Or does anyone have a good strawberrry filling recipe. Need to have cake for Sunday. Thanks

6 replies
Shelley51708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelley51708 Posted 20 May 2011 , 12:09pm
post #2 of 7

I make a whipped icing (recipe from CC) and chop up the strawberries and mix the two together and let it set overnight. HTH!

wendy4 Posted 20 May 2011 , 12:39pm
post #3 of 7

So this can be used as the filling too? After chopping the strawberries do you reduce the moisture so the filling is not too runny or doesn't it matter?
Thanks

Shelley51708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelley51708 Posted 20 May 2011 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 7

by letting it set overnight, it seems to thicken up some and makes a great filling.

wendy4 Posted 20 May 2011 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 7

I'm off to get the ingredients.
Thanks-I'll let you know how it goes.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 22 May 2011 , 8:19am
post #6 of 7

I take two cups whipping cream one small box instant vanilla pudding and three tablespoons strawberry gelatin. Sprinkle the jello over the cream and stir until dissolved. Add pudding and whip until peaks form. You can chop up some berries if you want too. I would lay them on paper towels to absorb some of the juice before folding into the mousse.

wendy4 Posted 22 May 2011 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 7

I used the whipped cream filling I was given and I'm going to keep the one I just received. I took the cake to the church today and it was a huge hit--very yummy. Thanks for all the replies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%