Striped Buttercream

Decorating By Briniga Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 3:54am by Briniga

Briniga Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:35am
post #1 of 18

How do you do a stripe in buttercream? From what I remember you put a stripe of the color paste (in this case, black) with a brush in the bag on the sid of the bag & then put the buttercream in there, but I would like a video on how they put the buttercream in the bag. Also can I use a regular clear icing bag or do I have to have parchment? Thanks

17 replies
Briniga Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:42am
post #2 of 18

Or do I use a stripe of black icing the put in the white buttercream?

PJ37 Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:51am
post #3 of 18

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj7b9nKKkhA

Hope this helps!

johnson6ofus Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:52am
post #4 of 18

Paint the paste into the bag. I find parchment has a bit of "grip" to the inside better than the disposables. I run the paste lightly up on 4 sides. Drop in the icing, and squeeze. Have fun!

Briniga Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:56am
post #5 of 18

thanks to both of you!!! icon_biggrin.gif

ajwonka Posted 24 May 2011 , 10:49pm
post #7 of 18

I'll be striping for the first time on 6 doz charity cupcakes next month! Thanks for answering my question before i even asked it!

johnson6ofus Posted 25 May 2011 , 2:23am
post #8 of 18

don't forget- 3 colors is great too. Think red, white and blue and run in alternating red and blue paste coloring into your large empty icing bag, and then gently plop in white icing in the middle. I find it helps if hubby holds the bag open with two hands, keeping the bag as open as possible, while I maneuver to plop the icing in the middle of the bag.

VERY cool effect, and an easy swirl on all those cuppies. Sprinkle with any holiday sprinkles and every kid will love you. Good luck!

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 28 May 2011 , 2:15am
post #9 of 18

If you don't have another person to hold open your bag, just sit the bag into a tall glass or if it's a big bag, in a vase or something. Roll the edges of the bag over the outside of the container and voila. Instant decorating bag filler.

johnson6ofus Posted 28 May 2011 , 3:53am
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose_N_Crantz

If you don't have another person to hold open your bag, just sit the bag into a tall glass or if it's a big bag, in a vase or something. Roll the edges of the bag over the outside of the container and voila. Instant decorating bag filler.

Darn, the one thing hubby was good for... and Rose replaces him with a vase icon_biggrin.gif

Briniga Posted 28 May 2011 , 6:13am
post #11 of 18

thanks i use that, it helps out alot! icon_smile.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 28 May 2011 , 10:46pm
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson6ofus

Quote:

Darn, the one thing hubby was good for... and Rose replaces him with a vase icon_biggrin.gif

Forget I said anything! We gotta make them feel useful right?

johnson6ofus Posted 28 May 2011 , 11:25pm
post #13 of 18

icon_wink.gif

2txmedics Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:51am
post #14 of 18

You mean more useful besides help with being the Taste Tester or eating the left over crumb, or licking the BC off the tools? lol

cakification Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:32am
post #15 of 18
Quote:

I use empty Pringles containers for this, works great!

Briniga Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:36am
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakification

Quote:

I use empty Pringles containers for this, works great!

Hey thats a really good idea!!

JessDesserts Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:42am
post #17 of 18

I received so many unexpected comments and questions about this striped cupcake I made:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1296306

I finally made a tutorial:

http://jessdesserts.blogspot.com/2010/09/thats-one-purrty-stripe-youre-wearing.html

HTH thumbs_up.gif

Briniga Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:54am
post #18 of 18

OHHH WOW!!!!!!! thank you! I am sooo gunna do that!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%